'Cause we are running

Every stride is taken in faith
Every step compelled by Your grace
We're taking up our cross
No matter what the cost
We give it all to go Your way
We're never gonna stop

"Running" by Hillsong United --- I love this song!
This morning I went for a run without feeling nauseous or faint! Awesome, huh? The Choco-Chip muffins must have cured me. Having a treadmill at home has been very handy because I can fit a workout in during E's morning nap. Running outside is rarely dull because the scenery changes and fresh air feels awesome (when it's not freezing your face off). Now treadmills, on the other hand, have a reputation of being a bit boring and monotonous after so many miles.

To avoid getting bored on the treadmill, I do a variety of speed and hill interval workouts. Here is the 30-minute workout I did this morning to ease back into things - incline percent grades aren't included, but I will take not of them in the future.

McMillan Running has a very handy tool to calculate your marathon, half marathon, 10k, and 5k paces.
 

Low Iron Man

Now that I am healthy, E is slowly getting better but does still have a gunky cough and runny nose. And now Leo is getting sick... E and I took a road trip today to pick up his iron supplement prescription. The doctor reported to us last week that his hemoglobin and iron are both low, so I'm now referring to him as my "Low Iron Man". Between lots of prayer, the iron supplement, and baby cereals/meats, I hope E's recovery is a quick one!

E and I saw a "sun dog" on the way to the pharmacy today. To make this educational, a sun dog is another name for a "parhelion". It's a bright spot in the sky appearing on either side of the sun, formed by refraction of sunlight through ice crystals high in the earth's atmosphere. (thank you, Google ;)

Prayer First

In E's iron situation and in whatever else life sends our way, I need to resort to prayer FIRST not last! As I'm on my 2014 journey to be a prayer warrior, I'm reminding myself of James 5:16. Sometimes I feel like God doesn't hear my prayers or that I'm just not "doing it right". Those are lies from Satan... as usual. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective! We just need to be persistent and bold with our prayers. Persistence and boldness require a ton of self-discipline for me. But I need to pray and not give up. My persistence in prayer needs to be like the Hillsong United lyrics say, "We're never gonna stop!"

James 5:16

Well, I'm off to make a homemade venison steak pizza. We'll see how this goes!

Treadmills: Love 'em or hate 'em? Or maybe love/hate?
Does prayer come easy to you or has it required a lot of self-discipline?
How are your New Year's resolutions going so far?

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking up and sharing your run workout and the link! I'll be starting 15k training here in a few weeks and it will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and best of luck with your 15k training!

      Delete
  2. Prayer is like breathing to me. It just happens. Though, at times, lately, I've made a more conscious choice to seek "help" if you will.

    Yesterday we decided we learned if we wanted to rent a wood chipper, we'd need to rent it this weekend. That meant hauling all of our sawed limbs and trimming them for the next 2 days before chipping on Friday. (Slightly nuts if you ask me.)

    I said a little prayer on how to make it happen, but also if it was best. The more we worked, the more I felt overwhelmed, but my hub felt faith in our ability to do it.

    Then late last night, we chatted. His focus is elsewhere. I want more in our lives than just chipping wood, plus I'm not sure we'll even use the wood chips and how big will the pile be, etc? (We can easily burn it in our fire pit, too.)

    So for now, we're cancelling the wood chipping and going on with life. Less stressed and more love. Our yard will live to tell another tale, and I'll have more time for planting in the greenhouse.

    Oh, and when I said that prayer, I was making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. That was followed by peanut butter ones, because I had to get the baking done before the chipping. Ahh.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayer really is like breathing! I was reading 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 yesterday and it talks about praying continually. I need to remind myself that prayer doesn't have to be anything "formal", it is just a two-way conversation with God; simply spending time and talking with Him.

      I love that you prayed about wood chipping! We are really supposed to pray about everything and anything! Personally, I need to pray before I even have a chance to worry about a situation...

      Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies AND peanut butter cookies sound DELICIOUS!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh so those lyrics would look super cool on a shirt that could be worn when we run a certain race this spring!! :) Aww I miss Eli! "Low Iron Man" ;) So cuteeeee!! Dah I'm totally going to try your workout tonight - if the mats we laid down stop our apartment from shaking when I run on the treadmill! Yikes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Do you love having a treadmill at home now?!?! We could make a shirt design out of the lyrics and paint them on our something - I'm so excited for May! #1. Because it will be hopefully warm outside. #2. Because I've never ran a half, especially with my sis-in-law :)

      I hope to see you this weekend! And Low Iron Man is coming with, too, of course ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#RuntheYear 2022 + Knockaround Slingshot Snow Goggle Review

Race Report: Fargo Marathon 2023

Save Those Toes | KT Tape Blister Prevention