TRUTH Day 06: Be Joyful, Pray Continually, Give Thanks

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18
I've found that actually drawing out the verses helps me to remember them! It's a little hard to do when E is climbing me, but I tell myself it's okay if the drawings aren't perfect :)

Being Joyful

Joy is a whole lot deeper than the emotion of happiness, which depends on outward circumstances. True Christian joy reflects an inner peace and delight in God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the blessing that flows from our relationship with Them. How awesome is God's immeasurable love for us, what Christ has done for us, and ultimately what is in store for those who remain faithful to Him!

Praying Continually

In the 2014 resolutions post, I mention that growing as a "prayer warrior" is one of my goals this year. God has revealed so much to me about what prayer is and how to do it. What I've learned is that prayer isn't anything super extravagant and I can't be "bad" at praying. When we pray with a sincere heart and with God's will in mind, our prayers are powerful and effective (James 5:16). It is simply communicating with God; a two-way conversation. More important than speaking to God is actually taking the time to listen to what He is saying to me throughout each day.

Praying continually has more to do with having an open heart than having an open mouth. My goal is to go through the day always open to God's voice and following His guidance.

Giving Thanks

A defining character trait for Christians should be a continual attitude of gratitude for all God has done for us through Christ. Reflecting on where God has taken us in our past, being thankful for the blessings we have now, and for what is to come is a vital part of being joyful always.

God's Will

God wants us to live joyfully, to be in continual communication with Him, and to be thankful for all He has done. That's His will for us! Everything in this verse is connected. When I pray consistently, I am more thankful for what I have and where I am now. Being thankful for all God is, all He has done, and all He IS doing leads to that pure joy that is only possible through Jesus Christ!

What helps you to memorize verses?
What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for...

I'm so thankful for my handsome men

I am definitely thankful for egg pancakes. We had a beautiful batch this morning!

And I'm thankful for all the times together with my wild family :)

AND I'm thankful for one day when the green grass returns and I can take E out for a run in the jogging stroller. One day!


The TRUTH Challenge Series --- Day 01: Wisdom, Day 02: Worry, Day 03: Love, Day 04: Guard Your Heart, Day 05: Gracious Words


Study Resources: http://www.biblestudytools.com/
NLT, NIV, KJV Bible Translations

http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-i-learned-wednesday-90.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#RuntheYear 2022 + Knockaround Slingshot Snow Goggle Review

Race Report: Fargo Marathon 2023

A Gentle Feast: Cycle 1 Term 1 & 2